Many associations are headquartered in the greater Washington metro area. So most often, when we’re team building in Washington DC, our clients are non-profits, educational or industry associations and leadership groups. Our Team Building Through Song® program offers great opportunity to help associations better communicate a unified message; the all important impact statement that lets the world know what a group stands for.
But don’t hire us because we may help you create a great message through song. Hire us because we bring a truly fun, interactive and memorable experience to every client we work with. Whether non-profit or corporate, we’re dedicated to helping you be better and to become more enthused about the work you’re engaged in.
- Led by our team of Grammy Award winning, Emmy and Tony nominated hit songwriters, we’re dedicated to bringing you fun and productive musical team building programs that work.
- You don’t have to be a singer or an extrovert. We’ll lead you through inclusive, comfortable and inspiring program.
- You’ll create and record songs that will become a part of your organization’s culture, creating lasting take-aways.
- Everyone quickly gets involved as inhibitions melt away and ideas and themes are documented for posterity.
Our Washington DC Team Building Experience
First of all, we honor the unique challenges of our association clients by providing our fantastic programs at reduced fees. We know, we probably shouldn’t mention that here…but we can’t help ourselves. It’s a privilege to balance our work between corporate clients and non-profits. And when we’re team building in Washington DC, we have opportunity to do just that.
A sampling of the Washington DC area clients we’ve worked with include:
- The The Association of American Medical Colleges
- Council For Advancement And Support Of Education
- American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators
- Marriott International
- Industrial Research Institute
How We’ll Bring You Together
It’s easy to understand how we can help a company team write a song together. But many of our association clients wonder if we’re a good fit for them because their members typically work for different companies or organizations. When we lead our music team building events in Washington DC, the participants at our events will most often include people who may actually compete with each other.
But this perceived challenge is exactly why we’re a great fit. We’ll bring a disparate group of people together by helping everyone focus on what they have in common. Most often, everyone at an event shares a professional focus or educational focus. As you create song lyrics about your combined experience, you’ll celebrate your profession. You’ll share best practices, common concerns and big goals. You’ll appreciate the power of being with like minded people as you network, tell your story and create songs about the good things your industry or association does.
For our corporate clients, the same attributes described above apply. But additionally, corporate teams will have opportunity to spend time discussing and creating lyrics about your team’s specific attributes. That may include your goals, your company vision, your differentiators and your products or services.
Our Interactive Musical Program Options
Whether you’re planning a program at your hotel/conference center or if you’d like us to provide the venue, there are many options for team building in Washington DC. Quite often we’ll kick-off a large conference to set the stage for what’s to come. And just as often, we’ll provide a closing program that sends everyone off on a high note. We can bring your small team into a recording studio to create, record and even shoot a music video.
Our program options range from 30 minute icebreakers to full day events. We work with group sizes from five to five thousand participants.
Below are some of our most sought after events.
Conference General Sessions, Plenary Sessions And Keynote Sessions
- We kick-off all our programs with an entertaining introduction and performance by our hit songwriter-facilitators.
- After our program introduction, our songwriter-leaders move throughout the crowd as everyone gets involved. Ideas flow through the room as themes and lyric suggestions fill video screens. Participants can share ideas via microphones and live media streams like Yammer or Twitter.
- There’s opportunity to work together in small groups and then share ideas back with the entire group as we lead a successful brainstorming session where ideas fly.
- Along the way, there’s opportunity to play percussion, harmonicas, sing and more. This interactive song session culminates with the whole crowd on their feet as we perform and record your masterpiece.
- MP3 recordings of your song will be available shortly after your event.
- We begin with our entertaining introduction and performance as we create context for your program.
- Then we break everyone into teams. Each team is led by one of our songwriter-facilitators. That’s the key to keeping people engaged. There’s opportunity to break into smaller sub-groups within the team breakouts.
- When teams complete their songs, they record them and then get ready for performances. There’s opportunity for participants to play shakers, tambourines, harmonica and more.
- Team performances with awards. Performances can take place immediately following the team songwriting sessions, or they can be held during a dinner event. Regardless of when you perform, it’s always fun as teams take the stage to show off and compete for awards.
- There’s never any pressure to perform. No one is singled out, unless they volunteer! You’ll be part of a group and you’ll be led by an talented songwriter performer who will give you confidence and help you feel comfortable on stage.
- After the event: MP3 and lyric downloads of all your songs.
We can help you harness your group’s creative potential, better understand your organization’s message and create opportunity for people to build relationships. Our songwriting sessions give your organization the chance to communicate who you are and who you’d like to be as you create lasting take-ways, Your Songs. Imagine several hundred people, working together in one voice. And who knows…you just might create theme songs you’ll be able to use for years to come.
If you’re looking for great options for team building in Washington DC or the surrounding metro area, let us help. From small groups and workshops to large groups and keynote presentations, we’ll create a fun and memorable experience for you and your team.