Welcome to music team building. What is it? It’s team building you don’t have to hate! It’s genuine, it’s fun and universally relatable. Because after all, music is an important part of everyone’s life.
Led by Grammy award winning hit songwriters, you’ll create and record songs that will motivate and inspire your entire organization.
- You don’t have to be a singer or an extrovert.
- You only have to suspend disbelief and show up.
- We’ll make you comfortable, we’ll make you laugh. We’ll bring you a collaborative and creative activity that gets results.
Music Team Building Works
- We know why this works – And we want you to experience it! Songs tell stories and most simply put, we’ll help you tell your story through song. Our music team building programs combine participation, entertainment, music and lyrics to create a powerful interactive event. We draw participants in through a step by step process. We get an incredibly high level of buy-in.
- Create powerful take-aways, your songs – What differentiates your organization? What are your important goals or your mission? What’s the essence of your message? You’ll craft songs that communicate the best of who you are and what you do. The experience is a blast. And after the experience you’ll have your songs. Catchy, memorable musical masterpieces to share and keep, long after your music team building is a memory.
- Record and Perform – When your songs are complete, each team records their song and then everyone gathers together for performances with awards. Performances often take place immediately following the team songwriting sessions, or they can be more elaborate shows on stage during an evening dinner or awards event. Whether simple or elaborate, performances are always fun as teams take the stage to share what they’ve done. If this sounds scary, it’s not! You’ll be part of a group, you’ll be proud of what you’ve done. You’ll be led by an amazing songwriter performer who will give you confidence and make you feel comfortable on stage. You’ll go way beyond comfortable – you’ll be totally engaged.
- MP3s of your songs are available for download after all our events.
- Small or large groups and varying time frames – Our program time frames run from 30 minutes to full day events and everything in between. We enjoy working with groups of all sizes, the challenges and dynamics of each being different. Our client events run the gamut from very small teams to large conference programs.
Our teams did not know what we had planned and were keen not to have to sing – so you can imagine we were nervous. But this was all about creativity, collaboration and compromise. Billy and his team were able to get the groups really engaged to celebrate the important work we do together. We had great fun and most rewarding was that the results were surprisingly good…We’re still talking about our fantastic musical team building session!– Yumi Nakagawa, Ph.D., Senior Director, Corporate Development & Strategy, Onyx Pharmaceuticals
If You’re Not Sure Yet
If you’re not sure yet, we’re glad you’re still reading. We’re glad you want to know more. After all, team building with music is definitely different. So it’s kind of hard to imagine if you haven’t seen it in action.
Before each event, we take time to learn about our clients. We want to know why you’re doing this. We’ll learn about your organization and about your specific goals for your event. We embark on a truly creative process at each program, so we can’t just phone it on. We have to be in it with you as we help you go from blank canvas to finished masterpieces.
- We begin all of our programs with an entertaining musical and spoken introduction. This sets the stage, provides context and warms everyone up.
- After our program introduction, each team works with a songwriter-facilitator. We bring in melodies for each team and you’ll start with conversation. You’ll discuss big themes, small ideas, goals and challenges. Those ideas become catchy titles, energetic song choruses and verses full of character. There’s always lots of interaction and laughter as participants take their ideas and make them rhyme with the previous lines as your song takes shape.
- As you perform and record your original songs, there’s opportunity to sing, to play percussion instruments, harmonicas or our nice looking air guitars. We’ve seen CFO’s working dance moves in front of hundreds of people!
About Our Clients
We’re a small and personal company, but we deliver big. Looking at our list of clients over the past few years, even we’re surprised by the depth and breadth of our client base. The commonality with all our clients is that they understand the importance of workforce engagement and the power of innovate thinking. They understand the value of bringing in fun and creativity as a catalyst to energize and coalesce everyone within an organization.
And lofty goals aside, sometimes fun is enough. Sharing genuine experience really does help working groups bond and build trust. Fun and genuine experience is foundational to every program we deliver.
We’ve written songs with application specialists from Siemens Healthcare, with managers from Harley Davidson, with leaders at L’Oreal, accountants from PricewaterhouseCoopers, small privately owned companies and many non-profit organizations.
When the leadership group from Walt Disney Imagineers needed a team building program to help them with their own creative process, guess who they called? Yep, the Kidbilly Music Crew…we did that!
Every once in a while a potential client will ask us if we can guarantee ROI from our musical team building events. My reply is “No, I don’t have metrics or other tricks to prove that kind of ROI.” But we can promise a different kind of ROI that’s equally important. We call it, ROInspiration®.
You’ll come away motivated and re-energized by this collaborative music team building activity in which you’ll see, feel and hear the true potential of your organization. We’ve performed with and created music for artists ranging from Keith Urban, Steve Wonder, Blake Shelton, Ray Charles and many more. But most importantly; we love the challenge, the fun and the immediacy of helping our team building clients create their own hits.