We know, it’s hard to find great team building programs. The mention of a corporate team building event brings up thoughts of uncomfortable situations and not-so-fun experiences for many people. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Each one of our carefully crafted team building programs is genuinely fun, accessible, approachable, and well…just the opposite of not good!
You’ll create, record and perform songs that celebrate your organization’s culture. And best of all, you don’t have to be a singer or an extrovert to participate and have a great time.
Our team of hit-songwriter leaders have won Grammy Awards, CMA and ACM Awards and garnered Emmy and Tony award nominations. But most importantly, we’re dynamic leaders who know how engage your participants with interactive musical events that have redefined corporate team building.
Some of our most popular programs include:
- Team building for large groups
- Team building for small groups
- Conference icebreakers
- Conference energizers
- Keynote speaker
- Making a music video
We Offer Flexible Team Building Programs
Our time frames vary from 30 minute sessions to full day workshops. Group sizes range from 5 to 5,000. Below are descriptions of some of our most popular team building programs and options. If you don’t see exactly what you’re looking for, get in touch with us. Some of our best program ideas have come from client requests!
We have team building programs in which you break into teams and large group programs that keep everyone together in your general session or plenary.
Breaking Into Teams With A Large Group
- We start in general session with our program introduction. This includes a brief spoken introduction and a musical performance by our hit-songwriters. During our introduction the mood of everyone in the room will go from, “I can’t believe I have to do this” to “I can’t wait to do this”.
- We break everyone into teams. Each team is led by one of our songwriter-facilitators and that’s key to keeping larger teams engaged. Every team will create and record their own unique song. There’s opportunity to break into smaller sub-groups within the team breakouts.
- After each team creates and records their songs, we all gather back in the main room for team performances. Performances can take place immediately following the team songwriting sessions, or they can be elaborate shows on stage during an evening dinner or awards event. Regardless of when you perform, it’s always fun as teams take the stage to show off and compete for awards.
- If this sounds scary it’s not. You’ll be part of a group, you’ll be proud of what you’ve done and you’ll be led by an amazing songwriter performer who will give you confidence and make you feel comfortable on stage. Honestly, you’ll go way beyond comfortable. You’ll have a blast.
Staying Together With A Large Group – General Sessions Or Keynotes
Writing a song with over a thousand people in one room; keeping it engaging and interactive…Can it be done? Yes, yes, yes!
- After our program introduction, our songwriter-leaders will jump off stage with wireless microphones as we get everyone involved. We’ll ask questions to get ideas flowing as themes and lyric suggestions fill video screens in the room. Participants can send ideas via live media streams like Yammer or Twitter.
- Along the way, we give out shakers, tambourines, harmonicas and more as we create both a song and a fun performance.
- In this large group setting there’s still room for small group interaction. Everyone can contribute as we invite small groups to work together and then share ideas back with the entire group.
- This interactive song session culminates with the whole crowd on their feet as we perform and record your masterpiece.
Quite often small groups want to spend more time and get in-depth with specific goals or topics. That’s not to say pure fun and team bonding isn’t important, but small groups can easily address specifics with opportunity for lots of back and forth dialogue.
- Stories are a powerful part of every organization’s culture and great songs tell stories. As you tell your story through songwriting, our sessions help you better understand the essence of who you are as a team.
- You’ll create a song based on your shared experience. Your song might be about your company in general, or a new product launch, or the mission of your team within your company. We explain rules of brainstorming – there are no bad ideas, no judgment, so everyone feels comfortable contributing.
- You’ll start with a great melody and you’ll start with lots of ideas. We’ll go broad, filling the walls with large themes and small specifics. Then will narrow it down as you find your hook or song title and craft your song around it. There’s lots of laughter along the way as one rhyme leads to another.
- Let’s not forget the music. Songs are upbeat, emotional and they draw us in. By the time your song is complete everyone will be singing along as you record you masterpiece for posterity.
Make A Music Video
Every recording artist who releases a new song makes a music video to go with it. So it’s natural that as part of your corporate team building day, you may want to create your own music video. This is lots of fun and not as hard as you might think.
As always, our songwriter-facilitators lead you through our group songwriting session as you create and record your original song. Then you have a couple of options for your video creation, from simple to elaborate.
- The music video performance and filming can be a short add-on to your songwriting session. We’ll provide the camera and props. We’ll coach you on performance as we shoot video of your team performing your song.
- OR – If you have a few hours more: You’ll plan, film and perform your music video as a short movie. We’ll provide the cameras and a coach to guide you. Everyone on your team will have roles; such as director, camera operators, wardrobe and choreographers. As you film your music video song performance, you’ll be joined by the songwriter-facilitator who helped you write your song.
- After the event, we’ll edit your video and send you a completed movie.