Team building isn’t what it used to be. That old, narrow concept has evolved to mean so much more. It takes place in different settings, from company conferences to industry summits, kickoff events and team gatherings. Team Building Through Song® reflects the rich culture and needs of modern organizations, designed to help you engage and excel!
What We Do
Led by Grammy Award winning hit songwriters, you’ll create and record songs that will motivate and inspire your organization. From team events to large conference sessions, our fun, interactive programs work for you.
Our innovative music team building events have lasting impact. And best of all, you don’t have to be a singer or extrovert to love what we do! Highly engaging, highly inclusive. Trusted by the world’s leading companies.
“This songwriting process is a clever way to really reach the heart of your team! In one word – magic! This music team building activity is powerful and I have already recommended them to others.” Disney Imagineering
“Our goal for this activity was to find an enjoyable way to build teamwork and camaraderie within our department; Kidbilly far surpassed our expectations.” Southwest Airlines
“6 months later this is still showing valuable impact. The song was picked up by the communications team and they plan on using it as part of an event they are doing internally. We are using it in team meetings to bring back the positive feelings and stay focused. Thank you for all your help in making this happen.” Pfizer
“The Microsoft team had a great time with the experience of songwriting and learning about how harmoniously they could work together. Using music for our team program was as much fun as you said it would be. It was amazing to watch the groups create similar themed songs in such different unique ways and with differing song styles.” Microsoft
“Thank you so much for a wonderful, fun and engaging afternoon of songwriting! You were right, you didn’t make us look bad, instead you made us shine!” Bridgestone
“Billy and his team were able to get the groups really engaged to celebrate the important work we do together. We had great fun and most rewarding was that the results were surprisingly good…We are still talking about it!” Bayer Healthcare
“I must confess I’ve listened to my iPhone recording of the song and I’m really loving it. And the group has been sending an email chain around saying the Impressionist Family singers now need to be fitted for costumes and will take the show on the road!” Sotheby’s
“Thank you so much for sending the songs. They sound great and we appreciate it! You were all FANTASTIC and are all extremely TALENTED! Everyone was impressed by your group.” Harley-Davidson
“I can’t thank you enough for what your music team building session added to our event. Thursday was a LONG day for everyone involved and we truly ended it on a high note with the song-building competition. You have a very talented group of facilitators and the overall experience went way beyond our expectations.” Red Bull
“Truly, a fantastic session. It was really an empowering and expressive creative experience for us. I appreciate your flexibility and partnership with us during the process. Our songwriter leader, Rusty, was amazing!” Hilton Hotels Worldwide
“A great program. Our remote team came together and really bonded. Being in the recording studio was lots of fun.”Verizon
“Billy Kirsch went the extra mile to ensure the session had maximum impact for us and for the Kidbilly team, it was very clear this was a labor of love!” Unilever
“Our large group of aerospace engineers was doubtful about getting into this type of program. But once we got started the participation and enthusiasm was contagious. The end result, 275 people on their feet, singing as one.” Honeywell
“A great kick off to our conference. Who knew singing about commercial real estate could be so much fun! Thanks for the hard work you put in and the fun time.” SunTrust
“At NBC we’re all about entertainment and collaboration. Using music for our team building activity was a natural for us. But honestly, we didn’t expect the session and the results to be as great as this turned out. The Kidbilly team was perfect.” NBC Universal
“We all came away with ways to think about our meetings, events, and even our lives in a very different way. As moderator, Billy kept the energy up and fully connected all 3 very different presentations. It’s always a joy having Billy in charge!” MPI
SEE OUR TEAM IN ACTION
An Overview of Our Programs
Our Team Songwriting Program
Virtual Team Building – Online Programs
Team Building Blog
Corporate icebreakers have an even worse reputation than team building. And that’s saying something. I think it’s because the term icebreaker brings up memories of uncomfortable moments as far back as kindergarten. Being forced to engage in seemingly irrelevant games can really make us uncomfortable. In fact, if I’d known the word irrelevant in kindergarten I probably would’ve screamed, “I’m not doing this stupid irrelevant activity, it’s nap time”. Obviously,…
What story will your attendees tell when they leave your event? Will it be the same old story about the same old conference? Will you overhear phrases like, “snooze-fest”, “yawn”, “can’t wait to get home”? Every conference event is an opportunity to build culture, to motivate and to inspire. A creative keynote speaker can set the tone for your event; sending the signals you want people to get. An inspiring…
Put it back the way it was. Ah, if we only could. But, as I’ve been counseling clients for years now, the only thing truly constant is change. Organizations adept at meeting change thrive during periods of uncertainty. And since you’re reading this article about team building trends 2021, you must be part of an organization that wants to thrive! If your plans for team building went back burner during…
How could virtual conference ideas possibly be fun? If you’re asking yourself this question, you may have fallen victim to the dreaded ‘boring virtual conference’ epidemic of 2020. I feel your pain, as do many folks who have suffered through some pretty miserable virtual events. Contrary to popular belief, fun virtual conference ideas do exist… and they are not the elusive unicorns they seem to be! As an experienced virtual…
Why Is Team Building Important? If you’re considering a team building event you may be asking yourself this question. And if you’re not asking, you’ll probably be asked by your boss or a colleague. Regardless of whether you’re asking or have been asked, it makes sense to know the answer. Figuring out if something you’re going to put time and money into is important, (a/k/a valuable or worthwhile) is well…important!…
Here’s a story, a true story. The story of how we built a virtual event that rocked the house. You may think it is virtually, haha, impossible to create an engaging virtual event for your many employees. You may be thinking, ‘how can an online session grab everyone’s attention?’ If you’re so afraid of another boring virtual session that you’re hesitant to move forward, think again. There is a way to…
Do virtual conferences work? If you’re googling this topic, you must be considering the option of a virtual conference so I’ll cut to the chase. Yes, virtual conferences work and yes they are worth your time, energy, and investment. So many of us have transitioned to remote work. During these challenging times your employees may be feeling stranded, isolated, and understandably adrift. Now more than ever, there’s a need to…
For years, leading my crew and working with clients has been fueled by the fun and fire of face to face connection. So at first the idea of developing remote team building activities met with resistance, mostly my own! Whether we’re talking about the camaraderie between myself and my fellow hit-songwriters, or the unbelievable bond that can be built in a Team Building Through Song® session with a client group,…
What are the best virtual team building activities to help you feel connected? Given what’s going on in the world today, many of us are now seriously considering the value of virtual programs. Is it worth it? Can online team programs deliver authentic experience and results? I believe the answer is yes. But the best virtual team building activities don’t grow on trees. You have to know what to look…
Why Try Team Building Through Song?
Each of us can sing the lyrics to dozens of songs, but on any given day we can’t remember where we left our car keys! With Team Building Through Song® you’ll create your own memorable lyrics and experience team building with lasting impact.
Team Building Activities That Work For You
We’re the worldwide leader in musical team building activities. Driven by the passion of our award winning hit songwriter-facilitators, we deliver programs that will appeal to everyone in your group.
- You don’t have to be a singer or an extrovert. In fact, our clients tell us they’re amazed by the high level of buy-in and engagement we get. Everyone can relate to music. We’ll help you tap into that common experience through story and song.
- From 5 to 5,000 participants, from thirty minutes to full day events. We’ve found a way to bring truly interactive experience to groups of all sizes. We’ll work with your agenda to bring value that matches your goals.
- We have the right program for your group. Our events include programs in which you break into teams or large group events that keep everyone together.
- Our clients include organizations looking for corporate team building activities, non-profits, associations and conferences. We’ll work closely with you to customize your event so it reflects your goals and ideas. We like to be flexible, we love to help you succeed.
- Create powerful take-aways, your songs. Create the soundtrack to your corporate life as you craft memorable and catchy songs that communicate the best of who you are and what you do.
This Is Music, This Is Fun
Team building activities aren’t always fun. In fact, sometimes they’re downright awful. And yet here you are, trying to find something real, accessible and fun for your entire organization. Our musical team building programs work for several reasons.
- We’re really good at this – Our team is not only talented and entertaining, we’re adept at leading groups from point A to Z seamlessly. We won’t embarrass you or put you on the spot. In fact, we begin with conversation that’s comfortable and relevant as we move from lyric brainstorm to songwriting and performance. By the time your songs are complete, everyone will be singing along and proud of it.
- Relatable – Music really is a universal language. Even if you can’t carry a tune, songs are an important part of your life and of your colleague’s lives. We help you tap into your universal language to communicate, build relationships and have some genuine fun.
- We’re Not Faking It – We’ve created music for artists ranging from Keith Urban, Blake Shelton, Stevie Wonder, Faith Hill, Ray Charles, ZZ Top and more. But honestly, we’re just as engaged when we’re writing songs with you. That’s because the creative process is always immediate. We’re co-creating with you and your team as we move from blank canvases to your finished masterpieces. We have to be in it and on our toes because we never know just what’s going to happen during our creative events. But don’t worry. We do know that together we’ll all make beautiful music.