Conference icebreakers are so important in setting the stage for a successful meeting. You don’t want people to be bored or tune out at any time during your conference – but it’s especially vital during your opening program.
We can help. Our icebreaker sessions will get everyone going and draw them in, creating an energized and engaged atmosphere that will help ensure your meeting is a smash success.
Led by our Grammy winning hit songwriters, this extraordinary experience will inspire your participants as you create and perform a song that celebrates your organization’s culture.
Tell Your Story & Sing Your Song
- From 15 minutes to 2 hours – From 50 to 2,500 participants.
- Both introverts and extroverts will shine – You don’t have to be musical to feel comfortable and partake.
- With our hit songwriter-leaders on stage and moving throughout the crowd, everyone gets involved. After our opening performance, ideas flow through the room as participants share suggestions via microphones and our optional interactive media streaming.
- As lyric ideas are shared, they are projected overhead for everyone to see.
- When the song is complete, your entire group will perform and record it.
- There’s lots of participation and while there’s never pressure to perform, there’s opportunity for participants to play percussion, harmonicas, sing and more.
- You should do this because it’s fun and because it works – But an additional bonus is the song you create and record. It’s a powerful take-away and will become a lasting part of your company’s identity.
- MP3 recordings of your song will be available following your event.
Do Conference Icebreakers Really Work?
I can’t overstate how many times we’ve been on the phone with a potential client who’s been tasked with finding meeting icebreakers but their heart isn’t in it. Why? Because they’ve sat through too many boring opening sessions. A great opening conference session should help you transition from the same ol’ same ol’ to what’s about to take place during your conference.
There’s a reason you’ve gotten everyone out of the office and together. It may be anything from a quarterly review to launching a new initiative. But whatever the reason, you need to create a conference environment that draws people in and opens them up. Our conference icebreakers do just that.
Thank you so much!!! Yours was my favorite session out of the entire conference and what a wonderful way to kick off our opening. It really set the tone for what we were trying to, and did, achieve. Your entire team is incredibly talented, a delight to work with and incredibly professional.- France Gasquet, State Conference Chair, Society For Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Music is the Universal Language and Great Communicator
Everyone relates to music. Even if you can’t carry a tune or play an instrument, music and song is an integral part of your life. Whether you need meeting icebreakers for small groups or a large conference event, when you start with music you’ll start the way you should; by drawing people in with emotion and energy, rather than just talking at them.
As we lead you through our interactive song session, we get a high level of buy-in because we invite participants in through a step by step process.
Songs tell stories and most simply put, we help you tell your story through song. It’s a combination of entertainment, story, participation and music that creates a motivational and inclusive program.
Icebreakers For Large Groups
Client Challenge: We led a program for a client who needed an icebreaker session for 1,700 people with an agenda time of 40 minutes. Their goals were for a session to be out of the box and highly interactive. A session that would create energy to send people off into the general conference enthused and motivated.
- Our Solution: With all our group events we start with our team, The Kidbilly Music Crew, on stage. During our program introduction we’ll play a ‘mock-up song’ about your company or organization. It’s great entertainment but it’s also a light-bulb moment. It shows everyone in the room that you can indeed write a song about anything…even your organization! After the opening performance we jump off stage with wireless microphones and start with some simple questions that get people involved. Questions like, ‘what do you do?’ or ‘what differentiates you from your competitors?’. As people share ideas they’re projected overhead to video screens. At the client’s option, through either private social feeds like Yammer or common social feeds like Twitter, people can contribute additional lyric ideas.
- Breaking It Down: How to engage 1,700 people…? Break it down. With the client mentioned above, we allowed time for table groups to come up with themes and song titles and then share them back with the larger group. Strangers at tables were soon laughing and rhyming, breaking the ice through conversation without being forced.
- Building It Up: With our musicians on stage and our hit songwriters covering the room, we’re able to keep the music going and the song developing. The large group lyric brainstorm on the video screen soon becomes a finished song and then we get everyone up on their feet to join in as we sing and record. This works because we start slowly, by asking questions as we build participation that culminates in a high energy group performance and recording.
Meeting Icebreakers For Small Groups
- Small conferences need great opening sessions to set the stage for success too. With fifty or a hundred people, you may worry less about participation and interaction – but it’s actually just as easy for people to become bored or tune-out in a small group as in a large group.
- While our foundational strategy is similar in approaching all of our icebreaker sessions, if your conference is on the smaller side we may spend more time during the session breaking into smaller sub-groups. We can also allow for a longer overall program time, if that meets your agenda and goals.
We take time with all of our clients to do pre-program work, to get to know you and your goals. No two clients are the same and even when we work with repeat clients, each conference will have a specific set of goals.
We’re a small and personal company, but we’re proud of our large base of Fortune 500 companies. Organizations like Microsoft, Unilever, L’Oreal, Cigna, Sotheby’s, Harley-Davidson, Pfizer, Novartis and many non-profits trust us to create the perfect opening to each of their conferences.