Team building for small groups comes with it’s own rewards and challenges. The benefits of small group sessions include a high level of individual participation. But a being part of a small group can also make people uncomfortable, in that there’s no place to hide!
Team Building Through Song® Is Different
- We get it – We know you’ve participated in uncomfortable team building sessions before.
- We won’t embarrass you – But we will draw you in to a fun song session. You don’t have to be musical to feel comfortable and participate.
- Led by our award winning hit-songwriters – We’ll bring some wow to your team. And we’ll also bring results.
- Collaborate and Create – You’ll share ideas and tap into your combined creativity as you work together to create something truly memorable, Your Song.
- Perform & Record – When your song is complete, we’ll record your masterpiece. Your original song will be a powerful take-away and a lasting reminder of what you’ve accomplished. You can also break into smaller teams within your group and write multiple songs.
- Customizable time frames and locations – Depending on your goals and your agenda, we can structure our programs to last from 30 minutes to a full day. Whether you’re in a breakout room at a hotel or a world renowned recording studio, there are many great venue options for small group.
The Benefits Of Team Building For Small Groups
We lead our collaborative music events for many different size groups, from several people up to a few thousand people. So we don’t believe it’s true that only small group programs work. But team building for small groups definitely has benefits and attributes that may align perfectly with your goals and your team.
When we work with smaller groups, there’s opportunity for close collaboration between everyone in the room. Someone who is soft spoken will have no trouble being heard. It’s easy to honor everyone’s ideas since individual contributions don’t get lost in a crowd.
A well facilitated small group program will build trust and open lines of communication between everyone in the room. You’ll learn more about your co-workers, and you’ll discover hidden talents. You’ll benefit from the great energy and flow that comes with working together, having a good time and creating something meaningful. That’s empowering!
Creative and joyful are words written by a meeting attendee about the conference event provided to us by Kidbilly Music. Billy Kirsch really took the time to get to know our company and culture, and incorporated that knowledge with the work he and his team did to lead our franchisees through the songwriting process. They left our conference energized and enthusiastic. This was an invaluable experience for everyone at our meeting to relax, have fun, and allow time for creativity while ultimately building camaraderie and further defining our brand. – Amy Mosley, Vice President, DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen
Story & Song
Great songs tell stories and stories are a powerful part of every organization’s culture. Our sessions will help you better understand the essence of who you are as a team and a company.
For example, you may need to be able to tell the story of what differentiates your products or services from your competitors. You may need to appeal to your customers through a unique story that describes your history or your mission or your values.
As songwriters, we’re particularly great at telling short stories, in a sense your elevator speech.
Think about it. The typical song has fifteen to twenty lines of lyric in it. So songwriters are good at getting to the “hook”, at communicating the essence of what you’re trying to say. We’ll help you create a powerful theme that reflects who you are and what makes your team special.
Here are some highlights of our team building for small groups:
- Prior to the event we work with all our clients to understand their group dynamics and target specific goals.
- At your event, we’ll set the stage through a relaxed and sometimes humorous musical introduction that will put everyone at ease.
- You’ll create songs based on your shared experience. Tailored to your specific input and goals, we’ll ask questions to get our group brainstorming started. Your songs might be about your company in general, or a new product launch, or the mission of your team within your company. We do our homework to ensure that your company songs will reflect what’s on your mind for your session. We explain rules of brainstorming – there are no bad ideas, no judgment, so everyone feels comfortable contributing. Our facilitators play the melody and keep the atmosphere in the room relaxed, fun and inclusive. Ideas flow through the room as we identify possible song titles or ‘hooks’ that emerge from the group brainstorming.
- We choose song titles and write the choruses encompassing the big ideas & themes. There’s always lots of interaction and laughter as participants take their ideas and make them rhyme with the previous ideas. We then create our song verses.
- With our songs complete, we record them. There’s opportunity for participants to play shakers, tambourines, harmonica and more.
- After the event: MP3 and lyric downloads of your songs.
Where To Hold Your Program
Another benefit of team building for small groups is that you have many venue options. You don’t have to worry about finding a large conference center.
- Quite often, we’ll lead our programs at a client’s hotel or conference center. With a small group you only need a breakout room, flip charts, tables and chairs. We’ll bring our instruments and instruments for you too!
- Alternately, you can hold your event in a recording studio. We work in studios in almost every major city. Creating and recording your team song in a real studio is exciting and memorable.
- Don’t be afraid to hold your team building program at your office if that suits your needs. You’ll be making music, sharing laughter and rhyme and you won’t feel like you’re trapped in the same old office. The music and energy we bring to our programs will take you away no matter where you are.
- We’ve led programs at great music venues like The House of Blues, The Musicians Hall of Fame, Hard Rock Cafe and more. With a small group, it’s easy to find a private room in a great venue that will add atmosphere to your program.
Reach out and let us know what’s on your mind. We’d love to help your small team experience Team Building Through Song®.