Austin, Texas is known as the live music capital of the world. So when you’re planning an event for team building in Austin, we really think you have to work with us! Our creative programs will bring your group together to share ideas, make music and create powerful take-aways: Your own original songs.
Kidbilly Music (that’s us), is a team of talented and knowledgable award winning hit-songwriters. We’ll lead you through interactive, fun and productive events that stand out in a town where music reigns.
- Tell Your Story & Sing Your Song – We’ll lead you through a step-by-step process. Share ideas, build relationships, tear down walls and tap into your combined creativity. You’ll enhance your team’s ability to innovate and problem solve.
- Create, perform & record – Write your songs, perform and record them. Your original songs will be lasting reminders of your time together and what you’ve accomplished.
- You Don’t Have To Be Musical to feel comfortable and participate. We’ll tap into the music that’s part of your life and you won’t be put on the spot.
- Large, Small & In Between – Programs for small groups, multi-team events for larger groups, conference general sessions, icebreakers and interactive keynote speaking, we have you covered.
- Customizable time frames and locations – We understand agendas and how to fit for you. Our programs run from 30 minutes, to a few hours, to full day events. Whether you’re at your hotel, conference center, a performance venue, or a legendary recording studio, there are great options for team building in Austin.
Austin Stories – What We’re Doing
Let’s face it, team building isn’t always fun. Too often, programs range from mildly uncomfortable or boring to downright awful. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Our clients always comment on how surprised they are by their experience with us; surprised that it’s genuine, not tacky, and yes…fun. This works because music is a part of everyone’s life. We’ll help you tap into your common experience with music, finding connections with colleagues that you didn’t know you had. Along the way, you’ll create and record songs that will motivate, define and inspire your organization.
Here’s one example of an Austin event: DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen brought their franchisees to Austin for training, bonding, motivation and acknowledgement. Through our songwriting program, franchise owners and managers from across the US got to share challenges, best practices and better communicate the uniqueness of their brand.
Teams came up with lyrics that expressed what makes DreamMaker stand out. Everyone had laughs along the way.
In keeping with the live music tradition that makes Austin special, we closed this Austin team building program with a performance show by our Grammy and CMA Award winning hit songwriters.
Here at Southwest Airlines we thoroughly enjoy opportunities to not only bond with our co-workers but to laugh – after all Fun-LUVing attitudes are what we are known for! Out of all the team building exercises we have done, this one was by far the most entertaining! The experience that Kidbilly and his team create is extremely creative and unique and certainly provides laughs along the way! Our goal for this activity was to find an enjoyable way to build teamwork and camaraderie within our department; Kidbilly far surpassed our expectations. The group had so much fun thinking of song lyrics, that even when the activity was over, the creative juices never stopped flowing and in fact, the group was sad that our time was up! – Chelsea McGough, Marketing, Southwest Airlines
Options For Team Building In Austin
- We kick-off all our programs with an entertaining introduction and performance by our hit songwriter-facilitators. The mood in the room will shift as the energy transitions from thoughts of “Yikes, what am I being dragged into” to “Woah, I’m actually excited about this.”
- We break everyone into teams. Each team is led by one of our songwriter-facilitators. There’s opportunity to break into smaller sub-groups within the team breakouts.
- When teams complete their songs they record them and then get ready for team performances. Play shaker, tambourine, harmonica, sing – or be that person in the back of the room shooting video on your phone. Either way, you’ll be comfortable participating as part of your team.
- We all gather back in the main room for team performances. Performances can take place immediately following the team songwriting sessions, or they can be held during a dinner event. Regardless of when you perform, it’s fun as teams take the stage, performing their songs and competing for awards.
- After the event: MP3 and lyric downloads of all your songs
Staying Together; General Sessions Or Keynotes
- As always, we begin with an introduction and performance by our hit songwriter leaders.
- After our program introduction, our songwriter-facilitators move throughout the crowd as we get everyone involved. We’ll ask questions to get ideas flowing. As participants share ideas via microphones and live media streams, lyric suggestions fill video screens in the room.
- There’s opportunity to break into smaller groups within the room, to work on themes and song titles.
- This interactive session culminates with everyone on their feet as we perform and record your song. Not only are we helping you tell your story through song, we’re building a fun and motivational performance as everyone joins in, creating a powerful sing along.
- MP3 recordings of your song will be available shortly after your event.
Additional Options For Small Groups
Our small group programs are similar to our programs described above in that you can stay together to create one song or break into teams. And there are additional options for smaller groups. For example, you can hold your event in a recording studio or at one of Austin’s many great smaller performance venues. You can create a music video as part of your group songwriting and recording.
C’mon, You Can Do It
Our Austin team building programs provide opportunity to do something you probably haven’t done before and that takes a slight leap of faith. But isn’t Austin the perfect place to take that leap? We often hear from perspective clients that they can’t sing or that their company is made up of ‘stuffy types’ who won’t participate. But we like to hear that, because we enjoy being part of your transformation. We’re not going to jump off stage and embarrass you. We’re going to ask you the right questions to get you sharing what you need to share. We’ll help you take lots of ideas and distill those down into the essence of who you are or who you aspire to be.
Create the soundtrack to your corporate life and inspire your team through music.