Have you written songs with us yet? If you’re considering team building in Baltimore, you’ll want to know about our music team building programs.
Led by our team of Grammy winning hit songwriters, our fun, interactive events will inspire your participants as you create songs that celebrates your organization’s culture.
- Tell Your Story & Sing Your Song – You’ll share ideas, get to know one another better and tap into your combined creativity, enhancing your team’s ability to innovate and problem solve.
- Create, perform & record – Write your songs, perform and record them; creating powerful take-aways and lasting reminders of what you’ve accomplished.
- You Don’t Have To Be Musical to feel comfortable and participate. Everyone has opportunity to contribute through this out of your comfort zone program that’s immediately comfortable for all.
- Great For Groups Of All Sizes – With programs for small groups, multi-team events for larger groups or conference icebreakers and keynote sessions for really large groups, we have you covered.
- Customizable time frames and locations – Depending on your goals and your agenda, we can structure our programs to last from 30 minutes to a full day. Whether you’re at your hotel, conference center, a performance venue or recording studio, there are great options for team building in Baltimore.
Our Baltimore Team Building Experiences
We bring our music team building programs to clients throughout the US and the world. And Baltimore is a city we come back to often. With a central location, easy transportation and a great downtown harbor area, the city is a desirable meeting place.
Our Baltimore client base ranges from international Fortune 500 companies to small non-profits rooted in the local community.
Baltimore clients we’ve worked with include:
- Mark To Market
- Maryland Family Network
- Maryland Tourism And Travel Commission
- Meeting Professionals International
We were so pleased with the general session facilitated by Billy Kirsch and his team. They were easy to work with, explained the process and listened to what we were looking for. During our session, their facilitation skills were impressive. They had a gentle way of encouraging participation, and while accepting all input, somehow managed to guide the group to create our song. There was an excellent level of participation and the final song is one we’ve enjoyed and have used since. Thank you, Kidbilly Music! – Gail Guillard, Training Director, Maryland Family Network
- We kick-off all our events with an entertaining introduction and performance by our hit songwriter-facilitators.
- Then we break everyone into teams. Each team is led by one of our songwriter-facilitators and that’s key to keeping people engaged. There’s opportunity to break into smaller sub-groups within the team breakouts.
- When teams complete their songs, they record them and then get ready for performances. There’s opportunity for participants to play shakers, tambourines, harmonica and more.
- Team performances with awards. Performances can take place immediately following the team songwriting sessions, or they can be held during a dinner event. Regardless of when you perform, it’s always fun as teams take the stage to show off and compete for awards.
- There’s never any pressure to perform and no one will be singled out. You’ll be part of a group and you’ll be led by an talented songwriter performer who will give you confidence and help you feel comfortable on stage.
- After the event: MP3 and lyric downloads of all your songs.
Our small group programs are similar to our programs described above in that you can stay together to create one song or break into teams. And there are additional options for smaller groups. For example, you can hold your event in a recording studio. Or you can spend time creating a music video as part of your group songwriting and recording.
Conference Icebreakers, Keynotes and General Sessions
- We begin with our entertaining introduction, creating context for our program and performing to set the stage.
- After our program introduction, our songwriter-leaders move throughout the crowd as everyone gets involved. Ideas flow through the room as themes and lyric suggestions fill video screens. Participants share ideas via microphones and live media streams like Yammer or Twitter.
- There’s opportunity to come up with ideas in small groups and then share back with the entire group.
- Along the way, there’s opportunity to play percussion, harmonicas, sing and more. This interactive song session culminates with the whole crowd on their feet as we perform and record your masterpiece.
- MP3 recordings of your song will be available shortly after your event.
More About Story & Song
We’re in business because our programs really work. We don’t put anyone on the spot, and you don’t have to be a rockstar to become immersed and engaged. If you have a story to tell, we can help you put it to music.
Your story is your differentiator. What makes your company or association unique? What is your mission or your corporate vision? You may have all of the answers on your company website or in your HR handbooks and yet; if you ask one of your team members to describe your mission or your elevator pitch in their own words, it may be difficult. Songwriting can help with this.
Songwriters are masters of short story. The typical song has only 15 to 20 lines of lyric in it. So songwriters become adept at taking lots of ideas and distilling them down into the essence – finding the hook and the most important themes.
When you create a song with your group you’ll start with lots of ideas. You’ll fill flip charts or video screens with ideas and themes. Then we’ll help you whittle those ideas down into song form – expressing the essence of who you are and what you do. When you combine that message with music the result is powerful and memorable. Think about it: you may not be able to recite your company’s vision statement, but you probably can remember the lyrics to dozens or even hundreds of songs. The organizational songs you create with us will help you better connect with what you stand for and will help you communicate that in a way that’s easily remembered, honestly expressed and emotionally felt.