In my introductory post to the news section of my blog, I predicted this would read a bit like a travel blog rather than a team building blog. Chicago team building is the latest in our installment about the road we travel to help our clients have fun, engage and share meaningful interaction with a key take-away – The company song!
Jump$tart Coalition Chicago Team Building Goals
I love working with non-profit associations, especially those with an educational focus. Jump$tart Coalition helps K-12 teachers educate students to become financially literate. With associations like Jump$tart, our client’s team building goals may be different than with our corporate clients.
In this case the goals included:
- A networking activity that allowed participants from all over the US to get to know one another
- Sharing information about Jump$tart’s mission and programming to get everyone on the same page
- A fun, high energy event to break down barriers – where laughter and acceptance reigns!
- Creation of a group song that represents the values and message of a nationwide organization
With our team of hit songwriters including myself, Tony nominated songwriter Lauren Lucas and Chicago favorite Noami Ashley, we led this group of several hundred participants through the song creation process. Roaming the crowd with wireless microphones, harmonicas, tambourines and a sense of humor we led these teachers through a group brainstorm that had three hundred people working as one body, creating one voice through song. It was quite inspiring and very entertaining.
The Chicago team building take-aways
- Networking; YES. Watch the video below and you’ll see what I mean.
- As our song lyric came to life, the main focus points and mission of this group was shared and better understood by all.
- Everyone including the board of directors, the corporate sponsors and the educators joined together to dance, laugh and sing their way through dinner and song!
If a picture is worth a thousand words, how many words is a video worth?…Lots and lots, see for yourself!