Pulte Group home builders wanted a true team building Nashville experience. We’d discussed working with this company about a year ago but our schedules didn’t align at the time. Music based activities and Music City are a natural fit, so I was so glad they reached out to us again for their return visit to Nashville this fall.
This group of attorneys and their support staff, made up of para-legals and administrators, split into two groups for a funtastic afternoon of musical team building.
Team Building Nashville Goals
- Pulte wanted us to provide an activity that enabled everyone to share mission, goals and to learn from each other in a fun, highly engaging environment.
- A process that allowed every participant to discover more about their company, while sharing common concerns and practices.
- An event that was memorable and provided a lasting take-away, not just your typical souvenir trinkets!
I suggested that we mix and match the group, with each of two songwriting teams containing both attorneys and support staff. But we were told this was a competitive group and the support staff wanted to go up against the attorneys to see who would win our ‘Best Song’ award. I’m all for client input and direction so that’s the way we did it. My team of para-legals and admin folks was completely uninhibited and slightly irreverent; but serious and steadfast all at the same time!
The songwriting team of attorneys, led by renowned songwriter Rusty Tabor, quickly lost their inhibitions and really let their hair down – not to mention getting into air guitars and microphone props. It did take this left brain group a few minutes to break the ice. But once they did, they realized how creative they were and they really cut loose.
The Take Aways
- Fun is a powerful team building tool. Fun is not always trivial. And this group bonded and learned more about each other, gaining insight that will help them work together more effectively.
- Creating a corporate song is not only fun, it provides a powerful and lasting take-away. The Pulte group songs distill the essence of what matters to this company, and communicates the best of who they are.
- Acton plans to leverage the positive experience this team building Nashville program provided. We always challenge participants to come up with one idea – one obtainable action step they can take to continue the great communication they experienced during their team building through song session.
Watch what our clients say about us.