The contemporary workforce demands engagement in ways that require more than just financial compensation. Being part of a team, sharing a sense of purpose, belonging, and shared mission are vital to promoting positive corporate culture and engagement. Employees want to co-create their shared vision of what they do.
Believe it or not, I didn’t just make that up. We often hear from business owners who worry about their team lacking a sense of team. They often have a workforce that is well compensated but disengaged. Smart leaders want to know how to tap into what motivates employees.
A half day team building event won’t change your company culture or your life. Am I supposed to tell you it will because I’m in the team building business?!? – well it won’t. But co-creating your organization’s story through song can be a strong catalyst to change. Imagine a discovery process in which you find out what your employees are thinking, what they like, what they don’t like, what motivates them, how they identify what they do, and what you do for them. Is your vision their vision and if not, how can you better align the two? Imagine a process in which you create a positive and fun statement of purpose, owned by your entire team because they’ve created it. If you’re willing to imagine it, we can help you do it.
- Let your team know you care by investing your time and interest in team building
- Invite your team to co-create your story
- Create a safe atmosphere to brainstorm
- Don’t be afraid to hear the negative – It exists whether you hear about it or not!
- Honor and build on employee ideas
- Ask each of your team members to come up with one action step for change based on your team building experience
- Don’t be afraid to laugh